ABout
Welcome ♡
I'm Mindy, all I do here is blog about circle lens reviews, make-up reviews, tutorials and other stuff. I hope you enjoy my blog.
See you around ♡


Follow me on Facebook



Instagram
@shyalpaca

Search







Lovelies ♡


Follow


upcoming posts
Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry
HERA UV Mist Cushion in #23
Aritaum Mono Eyes #Steal Away
VT Collagen Pact
Missha M Magic Cushion #23
A'Pieu Air Fit Cushion #21
Peri Pera Ink The Velvet #14
A'pieu Water Light Tint #RD03
Banila Co. CC Cream
Adaline Keep Cool Sheet Masks
Tony Moly Gel Eyeliner in brown
Jayjun Gold Snow Black Mask
Jayjun Real Water Mask
Jayjun Multi-Vita Tone Up Mask

Contact

Giveaways
♡ No giveaway at the moment ♡
Please come back later!

disclaimer
Layout: Mindy ♡
All reviews on this blog are 100% my own honest opinions. Photos and content on this blog are all mine unless stated otherwise.

Do not use them without my permission!

Keep in mind that I used precious time out of my life to work on this.
Thanks!


  Etude House: January Pink Bird Box ♥
_
Hellooo everyone!

So how have you all been doing? It's been a while since my last post and I want to apologize for not posting regulary but today I want to share some great news with you!

I'm officially a Pink Bird member from Etude House! YES *screams*

I always wanted to be one and I feel so honoured and excited about it ahhh I can't believe it and I still feel so overly lucky haha. It has been one of my biggest blogger dreams for years!
From now on, I will receive a Pink Bird Box filled with the newest makeup collections from Etude House every month. This sponsorship will last for the next 6 months which means that I'll be able to review 6 boxes in total ♥

Today I will show you the Pink Bird Box they sent me for this month (january)!
This post is going to be very, very, very photo-heavy so sit down and relax



Everything was packed into this cute lilac Etude House box, there's this little Etude House card with some information about the products inside. It looks so cute, I'm probably gonna keep this for some of my own notes (I'm so in love with the card design! )



This is everything they sent me:

They honestly sent me so much and even some cute accessories they didn't mention before! I asked them to help me pick a BB cream based on my MAC shade and they did such a great job, I'm very happy about the shades they picked for me (both for the eyeshadows and the BB cream)!

Here's a complete product list first:
Sparkling Milky Way Eyeshadow in RD304 & BR428
Life is Sweet hand towel
♡ Life is Sweet hand mirror

//Click on read more if you're interested in reading the whole post! ♥




Here are the extra accessories they put in the box ♥


The hand mirror and the small hand towel are so adorable and they're from ETUDE HOUSE ahhh ♥ I'm not sure if you can get them somewhere online because I couldn't find them on their website


Here are the makeup items in this box:


I'm very, very happy about the things they sent me! I'll post some swatches of every products below (that's why this post is going to be so long and photo-heavy)


First, I'll start with the Any Cushion Color Corrector

You can get this color correcting cusion in 4 different shades: pink, mint, lavender and illuminate. I got the Any Cushion Color Corrector in the shade #pink!It's suppose to correct dark spots and under eye circles which is definitely one of my biggest concerns :c

The packaging is very simple but cute in my opinion. I love the cute design! You don't have to push a button to open the cushion but just need to pull it open. I'm honestly not a big fan of this new feature because I feel like its easier to drop this cushion while trying to open it that way~

Theres also some sun protection in this cushion (SPF34 PA++) so you don't have to wear sunscreen underneath but I still recommend to put on some sunscreen anyway~


This is what the Any Cushion looks like opened. There's a small mirror on the lid and you'll get a little sponge pad, this makes it very, very travel-friendly and easy to carry around~ click on the photo if you want to zoom and read the description


These little notes basically tell you to throw away that sticker after opening it for the first time and to close the lid tightly after every use so your cushion won't dry out.


The sponge is blue from the other side and absorbs the base quite well. You can spread out the base more evenly with it and pad it into your skin~

The pores of this cushion sponge look like a moon landscape haha but they are very soft and it's easy to pick up product. You have to be careful at the beginning to not get too much of it~


Here are some swatches:

The black line is suppose to represent dark spots and the red line is suppose to represent rednesses.
As you can see, the coverage doesn't seem to be too good and I'd say that it's very, very light coverage! The brightening effect on my face is incredible though. I don't know if this color corrector is just not suited for my skin shade but it seems to lighten up my face instantly and I look very pale (too pale for my taste..for reference - I'm a NC20/25). However, because of it's brightening effect it's very good for hiding my dark circles! Keep in mind that it doesn't cover dark spots though. I think this cushion can be worn alone on a lazy makeup day, just be careful not to go overboard and put on too much of it, otherwise it would be very obvious that you're wearing some kind of color correction makeup on your face!

If you're going to put BB cream on top it's better to only use this cushion on your under eye area or spots that need some brightening or highlight because it accentuates dry patches and tends to look very cakey if you're layering some BB cream on top! (My brother told me I look like a caked up geisha when I did lmao).


Here are some other reviews of the other Pink Bird Member
 Lavender from Melissa
Lavender from Kirsty
Mint from Sophie
Pink from Marie
Pink from Yennie





You're suppose to use this BB Cream as second step after the Any Cushion Color Corrector but as I said above, it tends to look a little cakey if you layer up too much of both, so be careful! ^^;;;~

You can get this BB cream in : vanilla, petal, beige, sand and tan! I asked Etude House to help me pick a shade and they send me the beige one



The tube contains 45g and is very, very slim! I'm constantly scared of it dropping down lol. The color of the packaging is seriously super cute! If you want to read the details on the packaging, click on this photo on zoom~! Sorry for the lighting of these photos, they turned out a little blue :-(



 Here are some swatches of the Precious Mineral BB Cream:




The consistency is a little thicker than other BB creams imo but it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. The coverage isn't too good but it's just like with any other BB cream. It will cover some very light hyperpigmentations and even out your skin tone but nothing too dramatic, imo. The BB Cream itself is very brightening! It also contains some sun protection (SPF50+ PA++) so you technically don't need to wear sunscreen but just like with the any cushion I'd still like to recommend to wear some sunscreen underneath.
You can't see it well on my swatches but if you use them both together, your complexion is more bright and you look less tired. Eventhough it's the moist version it does highlight dry patches and can tend to look cakey if you go overboard and apply a second or third layer! I usually don't have any problems with dry skin but it did look patchy and like the BB Cream dried into my dry skin patches on my cheeks because of the cold weather these days.

The Any Cushion and the Precious Mineral BB Cream smell flowery and quite pleasant. I honestly don't think the finish is dewy, like you would expect from the 'moist' part in it but it's more on the satin/matte side and look quite natural if you blend it in well.





The next products are going to be the Sparkling Milkyway eyeshadows in RD304 & BR428


 The shades from this line are so cute and I honestly love how they made an eyeshadow color for every zodiac sign *-*! They also have a jewel eyeshadow line from these eyeshadows and I honestly think they're even cuter because they're super glittery ♥


The packaging is so cute and I love the colors they picked for me! They even asked me what my birthday is before they sent off the box and gave me the matching eyeshadow! *^*



 RD304 순정파  요조숙녀: This shade looks like a dark raspberry shade in the pan but once you apply it on your eyes it looks super sheer and super glittery and more like strawberry pink shade. The glitter particles are all in different sizes, there are small and chunky ones but super pretty indoors because the glittery particles reflect the light and sparkle so prettily! *-* I think this shade is suited for every season and can look good all over the eye or as accent point! So far, I didn't notice any heavy fallouts if you use a primer.

BR428 사랑은 짠내나 게: This shade is a basic golden/bronze shade. It's very versatile and can be used in many makeup looks. It doesn't crease and stays on your lid for quite some time if you use a primer! It didn't start to crease on my eyes for the whole day but the color seemed to have faded. It does sparkle a little in indoor lighting because it contains some small shimmer particles. This shade is easy to blend and can be used all over your lid imo too (I'm using it like that hehe).


I tried to make an eye makeup look with just those two eyeshadows but it was so hard because none of them are dark enough to create some depth or make something fancy T_T but here it is:

 I tried XD~ I put the brown eyeshadow all over my lid and the pink one on the outer v to give it
some color haha. It looks like I'm not wearing any eyeshadow at all xD

You can also see some eyeshadow swatches from other Pink Bird members below
Melissa -  BK804 & OR206 (click here)
Sophie - BL606 & BR416 (click here)
Kirsty - OR206 & BK804 (click here)
Marie - PP513 & BR415 (click here)
Yennie - PP512 & RD304 (click here)


And congratulations you made it through the whole post! 
I'm very happy happy if you read through all of it and had that much patience with me! Please leave a comment below and follow me on blogger and instagram, thank you! ♥


Thank you so much for letting me try out your newest makeup products! I appreciate all of it and feel so unbelievable honoured to be able to try them!








Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Blogger The Slee said on February 2, 2017 at 3:59 AM  

Great Post!! Loved your review :) <3


Blogger y u k u ♡ said on February 5, 2017 at 11:18 AM  

I'm kind jealous haha but I'm also happy for you! Who doesn't dream of becoming part of Etude House's sponsorship program?? All the products look super nice too and I'm happy I could read such a cute review again, after being not online for so long... <3


Blogger Unknown said on February 5, 2017 at 12:26 PM  

Ooo sparkly eyes! <3 Love it


Blogger Unknown said on February 5, 2017 at 6:15 PM  

I love how you've done your swatch photos! The eye makeup actually looks really nice in my opinion :D Perfect for an every day look ♡


Blogger NatiDí said on February 28, 2017 at 2:21 PM  

Congratulations on being chose, it's such a dream come true! I seriously want everything in this post! ♡ Dripdrip✧・.・゜

Post a Comment





< OLDER POSTS | NEWER POSTS>



©Copyright Mymychen.
I hope you will have a lovely day! ♡